Self Publishing Know-How
Borne of Experience
|Whether you're new to self publishing, or experienced...
This site is for you. Because...
|If you're new...
...the site is FILLED with the experiences of people who have not only authored their own books, but printed them, brought them to market, and set about selling them.
Whether you're considering a publishing project or already in the middle of your first one, whichever aspect you're thinking about....
...there's always an idea you didn't have, or a mistake you won't have to make for yourself.
|If you're experienced...
What you gain from the site is three-fold:
- Valuable links to your site
- A link to your Amazon page,
as well as
- The opportunity to improve your own efforts as a publisher by learning from the experiences of others.
With this site, you get by giving
Share generously of your own experience and you'll be rewarded not only with links sure to increase your traffic but intended to raise your profile with the search engines as well.
Be Generous! Begin!
The links in the navigation bar on the upper left margin are where it all starts. Account after account by real self published book authors.
Alternatively, you can search from right here.
|If you're new...
Start with the genre you're interested in. At the top of the page is a link that takes you down to where the unique stories of real self publishers start.
Comment on and rate the stories for their helpfulness. Consider buying a book from a particularly helpful author!
|If you're experienced...
Pick the genre that most closely describes your work. On that page you'll find a form where you can describe your own experience in detail.
The more complete your account, the better it will be rated, the more it'll be read, the more traffic you'll get. Maybe more sales too!
Been here before?
View the most recent posts:
Subscribe to the new newsletter
This site used to have a popular newsletter for self publishers with a focus on attracting traffic to your website. Well...
Your webmaster has built a new website devoted exclusively to bringing in visitors, and that's where his newsletter energies have gone.
Visit Increase Our Traffic and sign up!
Fiction | Non-Fiction | Children's/YA/Textbooks | Coffee Table Books
Learn more about premium listings here.
- Self Publishing Biography Books and Family Histories: Share the Truth
- Authors who self published biography books, memoirs and family histories share their experiences. Learn how to get your story into print...
- Children's Books Publishing: Marketing to Kids and Schools
- Authors who have self published children's books share their experiences. Learn how to market to kids via schools and...
- People Are Becoming Their Own Comic Books Publishers
- Writer/Illustrators are becoming their own comic books publishers. The self publishing option for graphic novels and comics...
- Ebook Publishing: Sell Your Book at a Unit Cost of $0.00!
- If most reading is done online, ebook publishing is probably the future of self publishing. Learn to sell your writing in electronic form.
- Fiction Genres: Self Publishers Tell Their Stories!
- Writers are self publishing in all fiction genres. If you've had the experience, tell. If you haven't, read. These self publishing experiences are posted...
- Self Help and Inspirational Books: Self Publishing With A Purpose
- Authors who have self published self help, self improvement, and inspirational books share their experiences. Sharing your wisdom in print form...
- Self Publishing Non Fiction Books: Telling the Truth
- If writing non fiction is telling the truth, here's the truth about self publishing non fiction books: you've got a lot of work ahead of you!
- Mainstream and Literary Fiction: Self Publish Successfully
- Self publishers of mainstream, literary fiction have to be smart to compete with what's on the bestseller shelves. Knowing what other authors have done...
- Self Publishing Poetry: Getting Your Art Out There
- Self publishing poetry: authors who have share their experiences. Learn how those who have taken the printing and marketing upon themselves...
- Spiritual and Religious Books: Self Publishing for a Higher Purpose
- Authors who have self published spiritual and religious books share their experiences. Sharing your beliefs in print form...
- Teen Books: Self Publishing for a YA Audience
- Authors who have self published teen books share their experiences. Learn from those who have marketed to a YA audience...
- Self Publishing Textbooks for Schools and Homeschoolers
- Is there a market for self published textbooks? Whether you're an expert in your field or a homeschooler with both experience and expertise...
- Book Genres: My Self Publishing Catch-All Book List
- Writers are self publishing in all book genres. Learn from who came before you in the genre you're contemplating...
- Do You Create Book Cover Art? Post Your Illustrator Profile Here. Free.
- Are you an illustrator with experience doing books and book cover art? Post your profile and a work sample here - free - so authors can find it.
- Steve Barancik Profile
- Steve Barancik is the owner and webmaster of The Shared Self Publishing Experience. Learn more about him.
- Contact Steve Barancik at The Shared Self Publishing Experience
- Use this form to contact Steve Barancik, owner of The Shared Self Publishing Experience.
- 5 Steps to Improving Your Online Book Marketing
- If you've already posted your self publishing experience to the site, there's still much to do to improve your online book marketing. These Action Steps...
- Book Marketing for Self Published Authors: Lots of How To's
- Self published authors: Find focused articles on all aspects of book marketing, including lots of stuff you never thought of!
- Self Publishing Companies and POD Companies...In Their Own Words
- Here I let self publishing companies that want to share their story do so. I also let authors with experience about each company air their views.
- IncreaseOurTraffic.com! Steve Barancik's New Site
- Check out my other site: IncreaseOurTraffic.com. Great advice for self publishers and anyone looking to attract visitors to their wares!
- Self Publishing Today
- My blog keeps you informed about new posts to the site, as well as any interesting new self publishing information I happen to come across.